Thursday, August 11, 2016

Early

I was able to dodge raindrops -- barely -- and get the weed-whacking done; ideally, the heat will offset the moisture and minimize lawn growth, but I doubt it.  Alas.  I have been leaving work at 5 every day, hitting the gym, and getting home by 6:30, followed by 800 things to do here...so tonight, ideally, I will get to bed at a decent hour, hell or high water.

Am reading Baldwin's Go Tell It On The Mountain (on the fiction list) and I like it; not a lot, but enough.  It's not long, and Baldwin does write...well, so I think I can get through it and then on to something else; I've reverted to the old order of getting many books -- the literary version of Say's Law.


https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/aug/08/can-collectors-california-recycling-centers-close

I get a kick out of these stories, mainly because it is shocking, shocking, that progressives would be so...unprogressive.  :)


http://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2016-08-10/what-s-really-wrong-with-the-unemployment-rate
Interesting...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home