Monday, August 01, 2016

Trades

Is it me, or did Francona leave Salazar in for WAY too long tonight? Not that it would have mattered, and it isn't like the pen pitched any better, but it was pretty obvious he didn't have it, and...off he went.  Hell, even the new guy served up a shot to Joe Mauer...yes. it's Joe Mauer, but...

As for the trades...it's a shame they couldn't solve the black hole of catching, but...I don't think the moves were awful.  Guyer was added for parts, pretty much, and he does fill a need -- I think he will ONLY play LF, but he can hit lefties, so they can spell Chisenhall AND Naquin as needed.  More importantly, Ramirez moves to 3B, an upgrade across the board (which was achieved by whacking Uribe; sad to see the guy go, but...).  The Miller move...well, they gave up quite a bit for him, but he will be around for a while, and he is...awesome.  (I did tell the coworkers that it meant he could be moved NEXT year when the Tribe sucks again; also, we solved the Shaw problem by moving him to the seventh, where he can blow games there.)  The heater is solid, and the slider (most nights) is pretty sharp, devastating against lefties and righties.  The club could use another starter, I think, but that's not happening.

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/08/2016-democrats-doubt-trump-clinton-numbers-214129

I am still skeptical (the latest thing notwithstanding), but...as I told one of my coworkers...it would be funny as hell if Trump can win the Big Ten that so eluded Romney.  He wins PA, OH, IN, MI, IA, and Wisconsin...that's 80 votes.  He will get the South....Florida is an uphill climb, but I also note that there are a LOT of rich old white people there (his strength) so it might not be that much of one.  If he does, though, he wins... note that you lose a VA or CO if you win OH or PA.  I just wonder how many hold-their-nose GOPers that there are out there...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home