Monday, July 18, 2016

Party!

Busy weekend -- family party, made a jello, brunch with Mom, and some work.  Rah.  Convention and Tribe game going on...tough to do both.  I was amused...the Tribe broadcasters were wondering how the Tribe would do without Yan Gomes...well, considering the season he's had, I think they'll be ok.  To be sure, no one wants to see him hurt, but it does allow Roberto Perez to show his stuff, and if he is even average..well, it will be an improvement.  I also pointed out to a co-worker that ideally, Gomes will be back in time to be the 3rd catcher for the September callups, which should allow us some chance to see what he can do.

Watched "Medium Cool" on TCM last night...interesting.  I liked it, not loved it, but I did appreciate the cinema verite approach, and, with the convention on us...well, quite timely.  I made a joke to a coworker that GOPers could protect their own convention...especially given the CPD's...well, unique brand of competence.  That, as you can imagine, went over fairly well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home