Sunday, August 07, 2016

Progress

Most depressing weekend, Tribe-wise...I mean, if you can't take two of three from the rebuilding Yankees (it does give me pleasure to say that), well...it does not bode well for the playoffs.  Mind you, the division lead could disappear this week, with the games against Washington and Detroit.  Ugh.

In the meantime, I did spend some of the weekend watching films on the list.  "Love Finds Andy Hardy" was a representative of the genre...star-studded feel-good fare from the 30s, which I didn't exactly like, nor did I dislike.  I watched two documentaries:   "The Middleton Family at the World's Fair" and "Memphis Belle." The first was decent; sort of a propaganda-ish about the role of science and technology and good old Yankee capitalism.  The second was more up my alley; I also read about in Five Came Back, how Wyler came back with hearing damage while shooting action shots during combat.  I also watched the short/film noir piece "Meshes of the Afternoon," which was...interesting. For the record, we are now at 444...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home