Friday, August 26, 2016

Spirit

Let's see...the week has went by fast...some of this was work. Wednesday Team XI went back to the Bottle House for PQ...this time, we won...thanx to a tiebreaker by yours truly in state capitals...it was pretty nerve-wracking, at least for me, given, of course, my...mentality.  Wins are wins, though.  Yesterday I had some stuff to do...today, I was off, as I had mandatory flex Friday time, and, well, the way things are going...I wanted to be off.

So, I went West -- we always passed Lyme Village and the Sorrowful Mother Shrine on the way to HU, so I hit them...the Shrine was quite nice; very peaceful, with about 40 or so different areas for reflection in front of various statuary.  I didn't see the Shrine itself, Mass was going on, but I guess I could always go back.  After a trip to see Favorite Niece and to pick up Swedish Fish Oreos at Kroger, I lunched and headed off to Lyme Village, a reconstructed view of frontier life...actually, seeing the buildings they moved/rebuilt was interesting, as it appears a lot of them were largely in situ.  The one mansion on the property was nice, too...again, I wouldn't mind going back again...

Roberto Perez went 4-5 today...this boosted his average to .146.  *sigh*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home