Saturday, August 20, 2016

Week and weak

It has been a long and interesting week...I don't recall what I did Monday or Tuesday...Wednesday I went to a place in Lakewood for a PQ with Team XI -- a mix of practice and socializing -- and we won, yea!  It was fun, that aside; funny questions, decent food, and the place specialized in mead and cider; I had an apple one that was a little tart, but not too bad.  Thursday I watched "Love Me Tonight" (450), which was a lovely Maurice Chevalier musical...so you can imagine my exact feelings.

Today I cleaned out my pantry; I noticed flour mites in and about, and decided it was high time to tackle it...as it turned out, I had a bunch of them in some pancake mix and pasta shoved to the back.  Not pleasant, not happy, mainly because I couldn't how dumb I was to let it happen in the first place.  Alas.  I threw out the bad stuff, applied hot water and hot water and vinegar, and then laid down some bay leaves.  I also flipped how and where I keep stuff in there...so ideally, this will solve it.

Three walk-offs in a row were NOT to be, alas.  That said, both games in the Toronto series have been quite good and solid affairs.  Tomlin, not so much...his last start wasn't that bad, but the rest have all been crap.  Not saying that he will be bounced, but Clevenger pitched fairly well in relief of Salazar (yes, he should have had a rehab start, duh), so you might see a six-man to "rest" the starters very soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home