Friday, September 09, 2016

Long...

Work was busy...very busy; will have to do some this weekend, too.  ugh.  PQ was Wednesday...came in second due to tiebreaker loss...it took four hours, which was...WAY too long...I think I called it the Russian Front.  Skipped the gym, which also made me unhappy.  In the meantime, the Tribe continues its semi-winning ways...I see Salazar got the quick hook, which surprised me some, but obviously Terry is trying to win a game...I do believe you want to win as many as you can before the Tigers play us, so this way...well, they matter a bit less, if you will; create your own separation and you don't have to worry about them.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/theapothecary/2016/09/04/british-government-hospitals-to-ban-smokers-the-obese-from-surgery-due-to-budget-constraints/#3c8276fa2b35

I actually think this is a good idea; one, because I am now all Mr. Exercise, and two...well, people have to pay their Fair Share of health costs, and this is one way to do it...

The films have been flying -- seen a few..."It" was first -- 1927 silent that made Clara Bow the "It" girl.  I liked it...nice but nothing that special. "The Lady Eve" was next -- Fonda and Stanwyck trying to fall in love.  Again...cute, interesting, funny, though, well, not my tea...though the plot twist about con artists, more to my taste.  Last nite was "My Man Godfrey," about wealthy man slumming becomes butler to less wealthy family...enjoyable.  Actually, sort of funny, in the Matt way, in a few places.

I've noticed a lot of the 1930s films have more...glitz and glamour...I wonder if it was just escapism, or were they trying to convince people that this was just a blip, that things were getting better, and soon all will be back to normal...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home