Monday, December 05, 2016

Cometh the axe

Didn't hit the film list today...despite picking up a bunch from the library.  Alas.  Worked late, ran home, did some errands, dinner, then to the gym, where I noted that there was a land office crowd.  I pushed myself today, so obviously it did me some good.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-12-05/rich-colleges-endowments-targeted-by-trump-backer-in-u-s-house

I think this is pretty solid...one, of course, most of the academics are lefties, so...you hit them in the pocketbook.  Two, if colleges want to hoard money, someone can call it on them, and three, most importantly...I think we all know that schools have plenty of people who can be...permanently re-assigned, if you get my drift.  Going after the spending, I suspect, would cause this...more so if a bunch of state legislatures decided to start whacking the funding that subsidizes this in the first place. That would be actually Republican, so who wants that?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home