Saturday, November 19, 2016

Toss and turn

Sleepless night last night, not sure why, so today I am staying in...watching and listening to winter come in.  Rah.  The furnace hiatus will end, sad to say... I can at least make some advanced planning for Xmas spending, always a "fun" thing.

I ended up watching ALL of the "Kannapolis, NC" videos on the Duke Library site, bringing me to 478...basically, they are home movies of the town in 1941...snippets of life; the last one seemed to be half African-American, which was cool, but also noting that life was quite segregated back then.

The contretemps about Hamilton is amusing; I made a comment on FB that maybe the elimination of the NEA would be an option, and, well, it would be quite...appropriate if the GOP had any brains and decided to cut the funding and shift it to, say, bridge-building, just because, well, if "Hamilton" can make money..maybe they could do their fair share and spread it around, or something equally...dickish.  Of which I would approve.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home