Thursday, October 13, 2016

Slumber

I've noticed this the past couple of days -- I've been lagging on workouts at the gym.  I mean, I can feel the power of my body sapping...I suspect it is linked to poor sleep quality, which is why I will be asleep soon after I post this (or, at least, in bed).  I hope that maybe I can not set the alarm tomorrow and sleep through, better or worse.  Of course, I am still somewhat exhausted by the Polish Festival, at least in that I really didn't fully recover.  At least I polished off the leftovers.

This also affects reading, as my progress through Wilson's The Myriad Faces of War has been...slow, sort of like the Western Front.  I rather liked his description of the parliamentary maneuvers of Lloyd George (sort of like a companion to Dangerfield's Strange Death of Liberal England); one always thinks of him romping with the housekeepers, but he was burning with ambition, and, well, burned out later.

Another thing I haven't done is figured out the Xmas budget; as always, I will be spending less THIS year and sure enough, I will be over budget.  Most unpleasant.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home