Monday, September 12, 2016

Upheaval

Turned in most of my work project today...I would like to think things should be a little easier, especially once I turn the rest in tomorrow...

The Tribe's rotation...oh dear.  To be sure, everyone has a bad day, but...two starters out and Salazar...well, I think he is done for the year...I realize there is a small chance he could come back, but would you risk it?  And, he would be limited, so it would be as a reliever, and I am not sure how effective he would be (in a playoff series, to boot)...he does have issues throwing strikes at times, and it would rough to put him in a close game, first time out...

I have watched two films...today I watched "Jazz On a Summer's Day," which was interesting...I mean, I wish I could get into jazz, and maybe if I listened, I could... last night I watched "King:  A Filmed Record," which was fairly interesting -- basically, it was a recapping of the life of MLK through his words and actions.  One thing that struck me -- they showed footage of his trip to Chicago -- was the use of Confederate and Nazi imagery by whites (all of whom, I assume, were Democrats).  Second...I noticed there were always Catholic priests at the front of the protests.  While I think this is good..I wonder if some of the issues with the lack of seminarians NOW comes from the fact the Church was...so far in front of society on this issue.  I mean, people see the priests advocating causes in which they do not themselves believe in...you are going to tell your kids to stay the hell away...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home