Monday, October 03, 2016

Respite

The weekend was...good, albeit busy, and I didn't get a lot of sleep.  My last weekend at the OC for a while, though, which was nice....the main challenge was emptying the freezers so we have space for turkeys for the upcoming dinners,,,left unsaid, of course, was the theory that maybe, just maybe, we should recover a bit less stuff to save space.

Today was stressful at work, and I felt it (and the sleeplessness)...my stomach was in knots (I suspect I have a cold as well), and for a while at the gym, I felt my strength...ebbing.  However, I recovered late and was able to really push myself in the second half.  I suspect my recent plateau stems from the fact that I am not exactly caring for myself.

Took a break from the list to watch "Straight Outta Compton" and "Mantrap."  For the first...on the one hand, it was a happy trip down memory lane, tempered by the sad fact that 25 years later, we are dealing with the same problems then as we do now...and it doesn't seem like that there is much improvement.  The second film was a Clara Bow silent, and it was pretty good; I can see why people went to see her...this one seemed to have a little less obvious sex appeal, but some cuteness and some humor....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home