Sunday, September 25, 2016

The Waiting is the Hardest Thing

Watched "Pulp Fiction" today...I mean, I've seen bits and pieces of it, but never the whole thing...and I wasn't exactly impressed.  I mean, bits and pieces were sort of cool, but the rest...eh.  I also watched "Inside Nazi Germany," a 1938 newsreel part of the "March of Time" series...on the one hand, it was sort of prescient, but -- me being me -- I couldn't help but note that certain parts of the Nazi regime were, well, not unknown here...for instance, separate park benches for Juden...and our own history of segregation.  Of course, I am reading The Scalawags now so I may be a little more...sensitive to this sort of thing.

Most, but not all, of the flying insects are gone, though those that remain are being especially pernicious...which will cause me to assault them -- and my airwaves -- with hopefully sufficient toxicity.

Tribe didn't win today...on the one hand, Rodon was on, and yesterday being a bullpen game, you couldn't expect to win that one, but on the other...well, teams have lost nine in a row before, and you just want us to clinch to end the drama...also, we need to set the rotation.  Tomlin, at least, has gone a long way to settling one question; he's pitched pretty well the last few times out, and while he isn't a K machine, he was tolerable...so that at least we can get through half a playoff series, if and when we clinch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home