Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Not yet recovered

As always, yet another hiatus...work, the Polish Festival, Pub Quiz, the Debate, the Tribe...  PQ was second place (a team of three); work was the usual, and the Polish Festival was...completely busy all three days,  Good crowds, so ideally we made a hefty profit, but I am still beat today.  (Not sleeping, as always, does not help.)

The debate...oi.  Actually, Donald didn't do too badly, but, as many others noticed, he was speaking to his base, and...it won't be enough.  I actually sort of like this approach...I think, quite frankly, the attacks on the media should be done more often by mainstream GOPers...more seriously, though, the rift between the moderates and the not...well, I think it will last a while; not a long one, to be sure, but enough.  Depends on the Senate, and, let's face it, the ones who win now won't have to face the voters for six years, and few have memories for that long.

The Tribe...now that was impressive.  Didn't think they could do it, but they did...another nerve-wracking game, but...  I wonder how they will set the rotation for Toronto.  Salazar might be in the bullpen, which I think a bad idea, but, you never know.  Tomlin has a short leash, so you will need to use the pen, and, well, I don't think Terry can get away with the prolonged use of his guys in a seven-game series, especially with the core of the Toronto lineup.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/personalfinance/the-hardest-part-about-growing-up-poor-was-knowing-i-couldn%E2%80%99t-mess-up-not-even-once/ar-BBwGyKw?li=BBnbfcN

This could be me, but...I think this was true for me, and it was true (and is) for a lot of people, even those with white and male privilege...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home