Thursday, October 27, 2016

Back

A whole week without blogging...well,work has been ok; the weekend was very busy, and I spent the last two nights glued to the TV...honestly, I think the games have gone as expected.  Kluber won Game 1, and game 2...well, Bauer was our fifth starter for most of the year, while the Cubs...don't even have theirs on the roster.  The rest of the way...I don't know, I have said it once, the Tribe will struggle to win when Kluber doesn't pitch.  Tomlin, tomorrow, in Wrigley, with those big bats...could be another long night.  Merritt in game 5 has been kicked around...not sure I oppose or disagree.

In the meantime, I watched a couple of shorts on the list, as well as "Nothing But A Man," a 1964 film with a mainly black cast about life in the segregated South.  Good, interesting...not too long, and a historical look, all of which I enjoyed.  Up to 474 on the list, and I have two more on the shelf here.  I also watched "Spectre," the latest Bond film. and it was...just ok.  Cool stuff, plot and motivation, not so much.  Bookwise, I am halfway through Brownlow's The Parade's Gone By, an oral history of the silent film era; think of it as The Glory of Their Times for film, and you get the drift.

Had to turn on the furnace...sad day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home