Tuesday, October 18, 2016

I see trouble

This could be me, but I think Francona was trying to be way too cute with the pitching today, and it might have cost us the game..and the series.  The issue to me was starting Kluber instead of Clevinger; I understand the part about going for the jugular, but if it doesn't work...  I would have started Clevinger (he is right-handed, you know) and then gone to Merritt/Anderson if he faltered.  It's a 3-0 game, and you're basically saying, win it...this way, you have Kluber on semi-short rest in Game 5, a full bullpen if needed, and the morale factor, in so far it exists...

Now, we have a lefty -- against those power bats -- with TWO major league games to his belt going tomorrow.  The sharp end of the bullpen should be ready; Otero and Shaw are unavailable (mercifully, to many Tribe fans) but Miller and Allen and the rest (Manship) should be ok...the problem, of course, is getting the game to them.  If not...Game Six in Cleveland with Tomlin, and something tells the combo of short rest and familiarity will be an issue.

Tomorrow's debate should be interesting, if only to see what everyone does...I suspect Donald needs a Hail Mary of gargantuan proportions, but I don't think Clinton can give it to him, unless he sticks to the script (if it exists) and brings up some wikileaks stuff...if not...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home