Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Forward and back

So, I was supposed to watch "The Muppet Movie," but the Magic of Netflix was defective, so...alas.  In the meantime...I watched "Morocco" last nite, which got me to 500!  It was an interesting film -- Sternberg, Pre-Code, Dietrich -- and it has a scene where she (in a tux, like a man) kisses a woman -- I told you it was pre-Code -- and while today it's just bleh, then (1930)...to say nothing of the other implications in the film.  The ending was a little "What The Fuck" for me but I did like it.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2016/12/14/the_lion_king_the_princess_bride_and_more_have_been_selected_for_preservation.html

This brings me to this -- 25 more, of which I have seen six...so, 506 of 700.  "The Breakfast Club" is prolly the most famous one I have not seen, though I bet regular readers are NOT surprised.

Other news is of course Bishop Lennon's retirement...I think I will miss him; my original comment of the guy needing a Dale Carnegie course remains on point, but I think history would say that he had to clean up the...things, if you will, of Pilla, and thus we must temper our judgment.  I wonder if the guy from Toledo will be made the permanent replacement, or they will promote someone local...I suspect the latter, but that is just me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home