Thursday, April 28, 2022

Travails

 Interesting, if long day... work was fine; started a new project, and it is interesting.  Not sure exactly how I want to lay it out -- there are a few good options out there -- but I think I will just do some research and go from there.  

Less happily, I made no progress on the insurance front... I need to order a new continuous glucose monitor, and my insurer needs a prior authorization from the MD to cover it.  Of course, he has sent it out at least twice, and they never got it, or did so on time...I tried to find out why we need one, and no one (and no one is in the US, of course, which doesn't help with the communication issues) can tell me why.  Oi.  I also had to switch pharmacies, which is also a chore, albeit the people on the corner are friendly and helpful.  But I have no idea when any of this will be resolved, not that my premiums are not automatically deducted without fail.  Sigh.

The downstairs toilet had to be manhandled into flushing.  Oi.  Another thing I might need to fix or replace.  Gulp.  

A friend of mine -- more acquaintance, I would say -- is going through some rough times and asked me to store his stuff for him while he reorganizes, if you will.  I agreed -- in some ways I wish I could do more, but I have been burned in the past -- and thus I hauled his stuff to my garage.  I was going to store it in my house, but he smokes...and let's just say that the Behemoth reeked the entire trip back home.  I mean, the hoodie I was wearing is in the next wash, the truck interior got a Febreeze bath, and I decided that I like a clean living room, so the garage it is.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home