Wednesday, May 04, 2022

Focus

So, first of all... JD Vance pulled it out last night.  I guess I was not that surprised; I spent much of the evening reading (finally finished Milk), watching "High Plains Drifter," and watching the results trickle in... in the end, RINO Matt won only three counties -- Franklin, Geauga, and Cuyahoga, while Mandel won what appeared to be Jim Jordan's district.  The rest was Vance, and he had some nice margins out there as well.  Now, I wonder...was this latent support not picked up?  Did Trump make it happen?  I suspect a mix of both, more the latter, but...  

More interesting was the GOP gubernatorial race; Dewine won with less than half the vote.  Now, given the uninspired and absent nature of his opponents...well, one wonders what would have happened if one of the other Senate candidates had run against him.  Gibbons and his $30 million (I liked the guy!) or Mandel (whatever happened to him?) or even Dolan (ha).  The vote was a protest, nothing more, but it does say something about the nature of the OH GOP that this was an issue.

That said, voting was a breeze Tuesday.  I went on my lunch break, and there was no line, and everything was quite smooth.  I was impressed, which is rare for me.

After travails, fights with the insurer, delays, pre-authorizations (if you like your healthcare, you can keep it, remember?), I finally got my new CGM. the Freestyle Libre, which I infinitely prefer to the Dexcom -- it's an arm mount, it lasts longer, stays on longer, has fewer glitches, and is less of a pain in the ass.  I will miss the nice customer service people at Dexcom when I had to call them to report a malfunctioning meter, but...

So, the new company HQ is ten miles from the fires in New Mexico.  Ten miles; South Park mall is about 8 away from here, and I cannot imagine living and carrying on with that nearby.  My HR person told me that the Los Alamos National Laboratory is between our HQ/lab and the fire, which should help -- I would like to think that the USA would pull every trick to stop an immolation there.  I was just surprised on how calm everyone was...going through the plans on what to do if things go poorly... I would be shitting my pants; that or digging firebreaks and filling every container with water.

Exactly.  I guess, as I like to say, that a Court that gives rights can take them away, and while it is unfortunate for some...well, not really.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home