Thursday, January 26, 2023

Mirth All Around

I just watched the latest video from Project Veritas... it's pretty funny.  While I admit that the allegations are serious... to me, the best part was the guy running around, trying to steal the video screens... after insisting that all he was doing was trying to impress a date.  This could be me, but it speaks poorly of science if these are the people they have running around in the lab.

Speaking of clips... I was watching UConn-Tennessee, and the clip of Geno going ballistic on Holly Rowe is... well, something of a nothingburger?  I suspect this was just a Geno ploy (and considering how they pulled away, it worked) that every coach would try to do if they could get away with it.  Of course, the Internet is exploding, but...I doubt this is in the top 100 of exploding coaches.  Hell, I still remember -- and love -- Jim Boeheim being caught explaining that something was "f***in b*** s***" to a ref during an exceptionally fraught Duke-Syracuse game.  This hardly compares.  (It goes without saying that Boeheim was completely wrong.)

Odd today -- could be the cold -- but my blood sugar was high most of the day (normal food intake!) and now, of course, it is somewhat low, and has been for several hours.  Of course, I don't want to eat too much, for in addition to the fatassery, the dawn phenomenon has been an issue lately, so no point in sending the blood sugar even higher in the morning.  Yes, I could get the pump, but...I do not like the idea of two things inside me all the time.

Tuesday at the gym...odd.  I was putting some weights on the bench to list, and this person came up to me... (not, sadly, an attractive woman half my age, or even a guy, at this point)  Basically he told me that he always sees me at the gym and appreciates how I... grind.  I gave one of my usual deflections, but... I would think of the 100 people there who are in ten times better shape as I am... odd.  And amusing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home