Wednesday, May 22, 2024

Progresses

Continuing my trend of accomplishments, I finished book 16 for the year, Bullivant's Nonverts, which chronicles the rise of the nonbeliever in America.  I am of mixed feelings about this; on the one hand, more room in heaven for me!  On the other -- and this is mentioned in the book -- is that many of the things churches do in our society, the nones simply do not (or won't) do, and this is a problem, given the social capital inherent in religion.  Of course, in some ways that is their problem, but we all know that liberals are the types to not solve the problems they cause.  Alas.

Did Obamacare ‘massively’ increase the cost of health care? (msn.com)
For instance, this one.  I think it is quite disingenuous to claim that it did not, given that the whole point of the law was claimed to "let you keep your health care and save $2,500 a year."  Many of us are still waiting for the $2,500 for one year, much less all of them (or with interest).  Claiming now that the sole point was to provide healthcare for everyone is... a bit of a lie, even for the WaPo.

I also watched "Desperately Seeking Susan" today, and it was pretty crappy.  I mean, I know there are good 80s comedies out there, but I didn't laugh once during this one, and the plot twist was about 1/100th of the charm and intelligence of "North by Northwest."  Alas.  This is 833 on the National Film Registry, and I do need to watch a few more as soon as I can... I will see what the library has and order the next one on the list.  There are plenty of films in my bookmarks list as it is, but... that is what the weekend is for, right?

Chiefs' Harrison Butker jersey ranked among NFL's bestsellers amid kicker's faith-based commencement address | Fox News
Harrison Butker, Harbinger? - by Glenn Harlan Reynolds (substack.com)
This could be me, but is anyone surprised by this?  I mean, I realize this is just virtue signaling at this point, but...people on the right watch NFL games and buy jerseys as well, and the only downside about this is that the NFL -- after shitting on the guy -- is making money off of him.  In the meantime, I have ordered a Large.  :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home