Tuesday, October 15, 2024

The return

 Five days without a post...ok, I was busy this weekend -- two weddings and a family party Saturday, which was... good.  Actually, I was "off" Saturday morning, so I did some errands -- bought shoes (new steel toes, tennis shoes, and work shoes), did some banking, did some grocery shopping, that sort of thing.  It was really quite nice.  So too was the wedding Sunday -- it was good to see long-term friends get hitched, but... it was an outdoor wedding at a site in Chesterland.  It rained during the ceremony, and I think my health was affected.  Namely, the cold/symptoms from the PF -- which disappeared Friday -- seemed to come back.  Anyways, last night I just crashed (or tried to), but I did have some sleeplessness.  And, dare I say -- it's cold out!  The house is cold, and the rain...well, it didn't seem to help with the general feeling of doom and gloom, either.  

Today I had a busy day of work (but a good performance review) and then I had a meeting on the East Side to possibly form another SVDP Conference... this would be good if it goes through.  They seem to have the drive and spirit, and are not exactly newbies at helping people, so... more seriously, it would be ideal if we (especially me) could get a few more parishes around them to get a good nexus of groups.  I have been neglecting my duties while crashing every night, and it is high time I get back in the game.  Sort of like my blogging...

Cocaine: a cultural history, from medical wonder to illicit drug | Aeon Essays
Interesting; I have always been amused that people turn to worse drugs (though not seem at the time) to solve such things as lack of energy, pain, etc... I guess in this way we are better; we test drugs for forever and drag up costs, but we try not to cause worse problems along the way...

Age of Invention: The Coal Conquest
Also interesting -- I love this sort of thing, that trees were less useful when crops were more valuable, and that was what caused people to look for alternatives, like coal...or, as Mom would say, this is why I am single...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home