Monday, September 23, 2024

Mattie is amused

Double Lauren Bacall feature on TCM with "Murder on the Orient Express" and "The Shootist?"  Count me in!  I will try not to cry at the end of the last movie -- the last one of the Duke -- but I think we all know what will happen next.  In the meantime...well, funny; I crashed -- hard -- last nite, before 11; I fell off on the bed and woke up at 3 with the lights on.  Anyways, I got a full seven-plus hours of sleep last night, and today...  well, I was tired all day.  Odd.  I guess I am overtired, but...I was surprised.  

Trump Only Needs These Three States to Win the Whole Election - POLITICO
Is it me, or is this a bad thing -- that only three states will decide the election?  I mean, I am sure it is fine -- people live where they want, and there is some self-selection there, I am sure -- but if 40 states are irrelevant, so to speak, this is... probably not what the Founding Fathers had in mind.

New Court Filings Place Matt Gaetz at a Party at the Center of the Sex Trafficking Scandal - NOTUS (Allbritton Journalism Institute)
I forgot about this; between people like him and Mark Robinson...well, we are the family values party!  I have to admit, I find the Robinson story hilarious.  From now on, every campaign and candidate is going to have to hire someone to make sure there aren't any neo-Nazi posts or Ashley Madison accounts floating around.  I am not exactly sure that this is proof of evolution -- it is certainly not an improvement -- but it is amusing.  The bigger and actual issue will be if it flips NC; most people have it leaning red, so if he loses that... 

Exclusive | Sean 'Diddy' Combs' Hamptons sex parties with 'gay rappers' (nypost.com)
This is also amusing, in a slightly different way.  More to the point, does anyone actually believe that no one knew what was going on?  The pics with Leonardo DiCaprio are... revealing, to say the least.  Back to my original point, I suspect plenty of people knew what was going on, and hung out with him anyways, or more likely, because of what was going on.  And, of course, no one is ever going to call any of them out about it.  Oi.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home