Tuesday, September 17, 2024

A return to tradition

My sister and I had our monthly sibling dinner today -- my choice -- and I chose Harry's in Independence; the neither of us had been there since Mom died, and aside from the jokes that I was the youngest one there (and my soon-to-retire sister will be there often), it was quite good.  Not much has changed about the place, which is good.  I assured my siter that the next time we eat for me, I will really spin the globe, which she appreciated immensely.

I was most pleased with myself; I had a little water blister on my knuckle today, and being a Pimple Popper fan, I decided to pop it myself.  It was tiny, but when I applied pressure, it shot up several inches.  I was impressed with this, and while I think it is gone (I have made some supplemental fluid drains)...well, let us just say that, as always, my true calling should be have been dermatology.

The story out of Lebanon -- where the Mossad exploded all of those pagers -- is quite awesome.  It is a shame they were not able to kill more of them, or took a few prisoner (such as by using agents as ambulance drivers).  Of course, they will be able use social media, hospital records, etc., to learn much about them...

FBI Visits Man Over Social-Media Post, Regrets Choice – HotAir
Good Lord!  The FBI is investigating social media posts?  Whoever authorized this should be fired immediately, though, barring a Trump presidency, that will not happen...

When Heroin Hit Jazz | City Journal (city-journal.org)
Interesting and a bit sad.  I know little about jazz, for reasons, but it seems to have its own subculture, which should interest me...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home