Sunday, September 08, 2024

Hot Tub and a Time Machine

Today was an absolutely beautiful day; I noticed while at the gym and while taking Communion to my Polish friend in Edgewater, and I decided to take a brisk walk when I got home, and it was the correct decision -- it was slightly cool but not terribly so, and it was indeed bright and sunny.  Certainly brisk walking weather!  And then it was home for a spot of work.  I put some good contract work in, and even if I didn't get through enough of the links or the film list... well, it was good enough.  Summer has certainly flown by; that was something my friend and I discussed today.  It does go faster as you age!  Alas, alack.  

Is it me, or do I find the upcoming debate more of a trap for Trump than Harris?  I would think that if the man can stick to the facts -- economy, immigration, Biden -- he would win, but that would be require discipline, and we all know how that is not his strong suit; indeed, I can see Harris setting him up and goading him into saying something foolish, and that would be that.

Trump’s allies fear he’ll blow the debate — his best chance to regain ground against Harris - POLITICO
Well, I guess it is not just me...

Friday night I went to a hot tub party hosted by some friends -- they bought a house, rehabbed it, and among the improvements was the hot tub.  All I can say is that now I want one, and not outside -- I mean, it is nice, but getting out in the winter you would freeze again.  More seriously, it was...impressive.  I have no doubt it is expensive to install and run, and of course I would need some improvements to the house.  Also... I think I am past the age where I can successfully host attractive people to join me, as we are now at the age where there are things you do not want or need to see...of course, I could sit in it and read and enjoy the heat.  I have so many other improvements, but... maybe this should be added to the list.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home