Sunday, September 01, 2024

Back in the Saddle

 Long and busy weekend -- friend stuff, 90th bday today, errands, gym, the usual.  Days were just long, and not that this is bad, but... it was not exactly a weekend full of rest and catching up on stuff.  But it was fine; tomorrow is another day, I guess.  :)  One thing of note...my new insurance kicked in today, so I tried to renew and pickup my prescriptions.  This did not go well; the one they said the MD didn't call in (they did) so THAT has to be handled; the other they coded in wrong and had to re-enter.  At least they were polite about it, and while I am tempted to switch to another drugstore... I might not.  We will see.  I mean, it would be another pain in the dupa to switch this again, and I need that like a hole in my head now, so... inertia will probably win out.

With boost from grieving families, Trump sharpens attacks on Harris (msn.com)
I don't know; this might work, but of course, the press won't cover it, so... unless it gets in the ads, the effect will be muted.  Not that it shouldn't be tried, but the Libya thing really didn't hit HRC, so I am not sure this will.  It should, of course, but it won't.

Watched a documentary -- "When Whales Walked the Earth" Friday, as well as "Shoulder Arms," the Chaplin WWI movie.  Both were interesting; the first because of how whales came from the same ancestors we had 43 million years ago or so.  The second because, well, it was funny; Chaplin films are humorous, and he has this way of being somewhat oblivious to situations, which in turns adds to the comedy.  Sight gags, I think, have gone the way of the dodo, but they are still funny, especially if done well...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home