Sunday, August 25, 2024

Not-So-Lazy Sunday

 I am going to bed before 11 tonight if it kills me; I was at a 50th anniversary last night (impressive, not sure I could do it) and thus decided not to post... not that I was up late, but... it was a busy day yesterday, with both the food pantry and all.  Food pantry was fine; 112 was the count.  Steady all day -- there were only about 15 minutes when we did not have clients.  It was funny; we had the early rush and the late rush, and since we did not have much, the late rush people got produce (what we had and hot dogs).  As you can imagine, they were a bit shocked (some of them) and a bunch of them were asking if we had stuff -- toilet paper, pizzas, etc.  We had received a few of them but they were gone by 9:30, and each they would ask -- me or another volunteer -- they would get the same answer.  I mean, some of them were understanding, but some were like what the hell... which of course amused me.

In the meantime, it was a good day today; Mass was nice, if a bit brief, and then it was gym and off to Edgewater to take Holy Communion to my Polish friend, and then -- after a few errands -- home to do some work, clean the house a bit, go through the fridge, and move stuff around.  Also got some reading done, though my current tome -- as noted previously -- is quite hefty.  Alas.  

How JD Vance Found His Way to the Catholic Church (msn.com)
Interesting, and I am surprised that this was in the NYT, though I am sure it killed them to do it, save for the fact that they mentioned how few of these Catholics there are... on the other hand, these people are bringing new life to the Church, and save for Pope Francis, everyone seems to think this is a good thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home