Monday, August 19, 2024

Seated

Long day, sort of; I had three and a half hours of meetings at work, and then we had a two-hour meeting for the food pantry after... lots of sitting.  Oi.  Ok, it wasn't too bad -- the weekly staff meeting, some onboarding, and much to discuss about the OC -- but it was long.  Much of the discussion at the OC was about food costs -- what we are ordering, spending, etc.  I mean, I think we will be having to spend a bit more at times -- though there is room in the budget -- and at times we will have to go without some things, especially if it not available... which was another thing we discussed, that some stuff is not on the ordering menu at times.  Alas.  We were talking about how we will be going back to the old ways, when everyone just got a package of hot dogs on the top of their grocery bags...

Election 2024: Harris' shifting stances on marijuana, death penalty | AP News
This is as good as time as any for the GOP to highlight these things, especially in the states where it would pay most.  Will they?  I doubt it.  Alas.

Is it me, or is the weather -- now -- very un-August like?  I had to pull the blanket up over me last night, and for all the talk of global warming...more seriously, it is a reminder that summer is almost over... alas.  I know the seasons are a thing, but...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home