Wednesday, August 14, 2024

Eating Out

 No more evidence of rodents in the garage.  Not sure if I should be happy or sad about that.  

Tomorrow is a Holy Day of Obligation -- Feast of the Assumption -- and while I should probably go to 6:45 AM Mass, I will probably hit the 7 PM one.  Not sure if this is a concession to aging, practicality, or the fact that it works better for my schedule.  Of course, most people -- we call them "Democrats" in my house -- don't even go, so...considering you are supposed to, I guess I will exhibit some moral superiority, but not that much more than usual.  Which, to be sure, is a lot.

Had dinner with a friend from church today -- BJ's Brewhouse, right next to Cooper's Hawk at 271 and Harvard.  I tend to forget how built up it is down there; I can remember when there was no there there, if you will.  I think I preferred the Brewhouse to the Winery, whether do my nascent Trumpism or the fact that the menu was... interesting.  I had peanut chicken with spicy soba noodles and they lived up to it.  Phew.  Lots of pop for me, like I need an excuse.

Looking at the polling, it does not look good for Trump.  Of course, he isn't really on the air yet, isn't defining her -- four more years of Joe, the border, the inflation -- and I think he certainly could.  Will he, of course is the question.  I know I am pessimistic as anyone, but I also sense opportunity.  Speaking of, one of the things we discussed tonight were the property tax hikes; mainly, that the GOP could do a huge favor to taxpayers -- and twist the Dems -- by making such requirements as the auditor has to sit on every board, making a more taxpayer-friendly appeal process, and capping property taxes.  Considering how this would hit the blue counties the hardest... why not?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home