Tuesday, August 06, 2024

Stormy weather

 Finished putting the living room back together today; all of the chairs and tables are downstairs in storage, and I put the tables and such back in the living room.  It still looks a bit bare, and I have plenty of stuff lying about on tables in my bedroom and the spare room that I need to handle, but... we will get there.  The big news was the weather... lots of people have power down.  My sister's company picnic was cancelled when the tents were blown over, and even here I had some flickering lights and internet connectivity issues.  I saw the alert about the tornado warning for Parma and Parma Heights, and that was...excessively close for me.  But here it was fairly quiet; the wind picked up a bit, and the rain came down, but I didn't see any damage or even limb loss, so I am truly blessed.  Actually, my haircut in Lakewood was cancelled -- no power -- which is not the worst, as I could prolly go longer, and I had time to do stuff here after work -- which is going well; lots of training modules to do and some I did today,

I was a little surprised by the selection of Walz; I would have thought Shapiro was the safer pick, and more likely to give PA to the Dems, which would keep the blue wall intact.  On the other hand, there is this...
Speaker Johnson: Josh Shapiro was ‘overlooked’ for VP because of Jewish heritage (thehill.com)
And I don't think you can discount this; I think it had to be in the back of a bunch of peoples' minds (in so far as the Dems have them) that you are putting a Jewish governor on the ticket when you are trying to hold the votes of the professional protesting class.  I think the GOP is more than fair to call this out, and they should.

How Gender Redefined the 2024 Election | The New Republic
Interesting.  I wonder if the Trump approach will win; I think there are more votes to be had with the suburban woman population, but Trump may be able to flip a state if he can run up the angry male vote.  Hell, if he can get some votes among the POC communities... well, that would be profitable in many ways.

Ten Points About Post-Lockdown Economics ⋆ Brownstone Institute
I wonder if the people who caused this will ever be called to the carpet.  I think not, of course...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home