Monday, August 05, 2024

I Survive

Lots of stuff going on, hence the weekend hiatus in blogging.  Saturday of course was food pantry duty and I was one of the co-managers.  Busy (as expected) albeit steady and not necessarily crazy so.  We put the clothes racks out and put them away for a bit when the rains came, and brought them out when they went away.  Most clients have verified their addresses and thus were able to get meat and produce; some came back with them.  We have given all clients notifications two months in a row, so...  we had a lot of produce and gave most of it away.  We did NOT have a lot of meat and some other items; I am not sure what our operations manager was doing last week in terms of ordering, honestly.  I tried to redress that this week with the order -- we should barely enough this week --- but I will have to order creatively for the week after.  Mind you, I order differently, so I do not think it is an issue, but...oi.

Then, of course, we had the family Christmas Sunday.  I think it went well; I was cleaning and prepping until literally 30 minutes before people arrived, but everything went smoothly.  We had a lot of food -- everyone brought something -- and while I expected 20 or more, we had 14, and the youngins did not show... alas.  The family took most of it home, phew.  There are still plenty of snacks, cake, asparagus, and other items left.  I took much to my sister's tonight and will try to pawn off the rest, or freeze it... alas.  Most of the house is put back together though I have not taken the tables and chairs down the basement (my siter said I can keep them).  Joy.  In other news, one thing that did surprise me was how the family has become...well, let's just say that they are voting red.  Moreso than I am, if you can imagine that; not sure how and why this occurred, but I was...impressed.

Cracks in Economy Pose Risk to Harris’s Momentum - WSJ
I would like to think that Trump would concentrate on this story instead of the usual stuff, but... I mean, this is the winning argument for him, and -- like 2016 -- he really needs to stick to that.  I do not exactly think that sticking to the script is what the Donald does, so...alas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home