Friday, August 02, 2024

Closure

 So, my third career ended today; it was odd, as I had some stuff I wanted to do, and while I don't necessarily think they wanted me gone... they encouraged me to cut it a little short and wrap things up.  To be sure, it was Friday, and -- like TFG -- I think they were surprised that I was leaving, so it was for the best.  Last trip to Avon (and back), and while it is not a terrible drive, I will not miss it.  Anyways, I made a final shopping trip to Meijer and Lowe's for some low-tax shopping.  I got some extra snax and stuff, and also some concrete for driveway repair; if I can get a window of no rain, I can plug the dip in the driveway.  That is a big if, and I should have done it sooner...   

Anyways, today's party planning including the extra shopping, making the jello, and finishing cleaning the basement.  Not that I expect anyone to go down there, but if they want to, they can.  Jello looked pretty good, I thought.  Finished the menu planning and all of the dishes are done... I need to bring up the party supplies, clean the upstairs bathroom, fill the driveway hole, and maybe bring down Xmas stuff?  The bathroom should be the last, I guess.  The house does look clean, if a bit empty.  And, the truck tailgate held up today!

The laptop for the new job arrived and I have to admit, for all that people complain about computers and modern technology... there was a snafu in the delivery of the laptop and it came in the afternoon instead of the AM.  Fedex kept me continually informed as to what was happening and when the package would arrive... and it did.  I realize the technology is basic now but it is still pretty cool.

TikTok Is Flooding Gen Z With Conversion Therapy Propaganda (thedailybeast.com)
Interesting; a lot of states have banned the practice, but I bet a lot of them are opposed to the overall TikTok ban...

Democrats Continue Long-Standing Tradition Of Large Whites-Only Gatherings | Babylon Bee
Snicker, snicker..

America’s New Political War Pits Young Men Against Young Women - WSJ
This is the next divide, and this is...more serious than others?  A gender gap is one thing, but a gender war is another...and considering both parties are doing this, and doubling down...hmmm.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home