Thursday, August 01, 2024

Hazel Eyes

Well, the jury-rigged tailgate is holding up for now, though I am trying to be careful.  Funny; with all of the OTHER things going on right now in my life, I forgot to call the car place to get it fixed.  Next week it will have to be (I hope).  I also forgot to send out follow-up emails from Wednesday's quarterly Board meeting; not that I have a lot, but... today was busy at work and of course most were saying good bye and good luck.  I will miss them and the place, but... it was not a perfect fit for me.  I will miss Avon, which is quite nice, even if extremely busy.  Funny, I went to the bank to get money for stuff, and my favorite teller told me it was her last day there; I shared her my good news as well.  I tend to forget, as my sister likes to say, that people change jobs more often than I did, though I certainly can be said to be catching up.  

Operation house-cleaning continued with a vengeance.  Kitchen table NOT cleaned off fully; I moved all the stuff off it, sorted it, etc.; need to wash it down.  The floor was swiffered, the kitchen chairs wiped down and dusted, as was the table and light fixtures.  Most of the stuff from the table I just moved to the spare room to be further dealt with later.  Alas.  I also did some laundry!  Anyways, while I did not dust the basement, I did the basement bathroom (quite dusty).  Tomorrow is kitchen day -- making the jello, maybe some other side as well.  There will be time to clean.  I also cut the grass and did most of the weed-whacking; the battery ran out with some to go.  Funny; they were calling for rain at 6 and while the skies threatened...I chanced it and was rewarded.  I might just pull this off, but, don't get cocky, kid.

Brown holds 4-point lead over GOP opponent in new Ohio poll - Live Updates - POLITICO
Considering the barrage of ads against Moreno, for Brown to be up but 4...impressive.  I would love to see the guy go but... 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home