Monday, August 12, 2024

Bemused

Interesting day -- busy at work, with lots of new stuff to learn and do.  Then it was off to the gym for a killer workout -- good day for the arms, my blood sugar was enough that I could get some cardio in, and then home for dinner and some of the usual stuff -- food pantry crap, paperwork, the usual.  And it was...good?  I mean, I am trying to develop a new routine and this may be it.  For now.  Rah.  Of course, this week is a quiet time, whereas the next few weeks will be more like the zoo to which I am used.  Oi.  I was thinking about that today while riding the bike, that maybe I need to cull some stuff; I am behind on reading, not getting any younger...of course, I won't.

Behind the Movement to Turn Back the Clock on Gender Roles - WSJ
I don't know; I think they are correct (mostly) but these sorts of things really cannot be started from the top -- the pushback is just too strong.  You really need the base of the people -- or enough of them -- to get involved here, becoming visible (and successful) to have any influence on policy.  Of course, you might not get that, and I think that is the problem...

With the J! hiatus, I am not watching it, which in turn means I am not watching TV in general, followed by my not sitting in the living room, so that is another reason why the house is cleaner than ever.  I ran the vacuum cleaner and there much less in the tank than usual... which I assume is because I am not mucking about there.  Honestly, I miss it, though; I feel my mental acuity isn't exactly getting better, and six weeks without it...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home