Sunday, August 11, 2024

A Return to Normalcy

 Took yesterday off from blogging as it was a long and busy day.  Food pantry in the AM and for all of the worrying I had about meat and other stuff...the count was 112.  So we did have enough -- the chickens were gone but some randoms remained.  The produce was fine -- the Thursday crew got extra oranges and strawberries so we were good there.  We suspected that people did not have power so there was no need to go and get food.  Could be.  Just odd.  Not that I am complaining, but... in the meantime, there will be a big order tomorrow to re-stock canned goods.

I also helped out at the anniversary dinner for one of the nuns -- 70 years in the order, which is impressive.  Lot of work, actually, hauling stuff up and down the steps and making it look nice and kitchening, but I guess it was worth it, as the good sister was pleased.  Anyways, I was tired but not tired when I got home, so I watched the other NFR movie I got from the library, "Melody Ranch."  It's a Gene Autry film from 1940.  It is quite formulaic -- even had a training montage (reminded me of South Park) and also reminded me of "The A-Team" in that with all of the shooting only one person got shot.  On the other hand -- and this is why it is on the NFR -- Gene was a huge star and he made all sorts of films like that that were huge hits.  Might not think of it now, but we really can't ignore that, either.  Anyways, 838.  I should do a youtube search to see if anything is newly posted.

Today we had Mass for my grandparents on Mom's side; my sister was there as were my aunts and uncles.  Quite nice; we went to one aunt's for pie and coffee after and it was good just to chat and catch up and bullcrap.  We do need to do this more often, so I think Masses will be said next year as well.

Then it was home to make some coffee and do some contract work, which was not done last week due to the party and the new job.  It was good to be back in the swim of things, and if I can get some more work done this week and weekend, it would be quite ideal, for many reasons.  I expect stuff to pick up next week at work as well - more training, deeper dive into the systems, so I will be a busy see of productivity...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home