Saturday, August 17, 2024

Mattie Counts

 This would be 1861, so I wonder what I would post about -- historically -- today?  :)  Ha!  Anyways, it was Saturday, it was August, so I was at the OC.  The final count was 139, and I think it was what we expected.  We had an early rush and a late rush; there was a lull about 10:30 when no one showed up, then a few people, and then the late arrivers.  Oi.  Lots of volunteers, even as HS kid who toted bags, which was nice, though I toted plenty.  Anyways, we gave away most of the produce; there are some oranges left, as well as some squash donated by another food pantry that couldn't give it away.  Our clients are of the same ilk, so we just put it out there and let people take what they wanted.  Many didn't, some took a couple, and some were of the opinion that with food prices, they would eat what they could, which is the correct one, in my opinion.  One more week.  It has been a drama-free month, always good!

Another thing... I have been counting the number of walkers -- people don't drive.  I have been curious, others have been too, and... 27/152, 16/112, and 19 of 139 today, so 62 of 403, or just over 15%.  I told people it was about that, depending on the weather.  Funny; they tend to come in clumps, so you can undercount them, but... mind, many of our pantries have a higher number of people who walk.  I am not sure other managers will track this, but as I love to know what our clients are doing, sort of...

The polling data from the Harris camp, as well as the upcoming DNC, does NOT bode well for Trump.  Again, if the man would stick to the issues -- economy, inflation, the border -- he would be fine, but the man is... well, at times a rambling mess.  I know he is what he is, but...

Funny; we had some heavy rain about an hour ago... there was some this morning, and it looked threatening, but the skies cleared, and I am glad it did, as the clothes racks were put out (and emptied) and we just escaped with good weather.  Phew.  Now it is sunny again; I love weather here in the summer, but it is jarring occasionally.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home