Tuesday, August 20, 2024

Mattie is bemused

Funny, as it often is -- went to gym, had a very solid workout (chest) after a couple of days hiatus, and... low blood sugar, so no cardio.  I am a few pounds over where I should be, so... that was somewhat disheartening, to put it mildly.  But we will survive.  Though, if the Kamala Harris presidency occurs -- as everyone seems to think -- it will be that much more difficult.  Indeed, that was one of the things we discussed yesterday at the meeting (and today at work), that the bottom third of the population is suffering somewhat from the price shocks, economic uncertainty, high interest rates, etc.  I do not think price controls or housing subsidies will help, though they will make some people feel better.

Comments - Two priests and a baby? What's happening at an Ohio parish? (pillarcatholic.com)
Cool story; interesting and sad.  It appears that the priests have been letting everyone know -- including their Bishop -- about their plans, which is...everything.  I realize that many people -- including myself -- seem to think of these guys are Jerry Sandusky, but... they are not.  We should always remember that!

I sent out a bunch of things yesterday after our Board meeting, and about half of them came back, and all of them will need responses.  I marvel at this, actually; I mean, it is not that they are all terribly important but...these things tend to reproduce like rabbits, and it is not fun when things are hanging in the air...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home