Friday, August 23, 2024

The Chase

 Funny; I came home from the gym and there were two small herds of deer in the neighboring yards, and the husky that lives across the street from me was literally chomping at the bit to chase either of them.  Of course, they have an electric fence, so the thing did not, but their kids were literally holding the critter back, and he was very excited to see those things in his sights.  I was amused, of course.

Good workout today -- legs -- and some nice riding on the exercise bike, so I got some reading done on the missive I am working on, a tome about the strategy of the Hapsburg Empire.  Mainly it was to preserve and persevere, not exactly the stuff of legends, but the point was to survive-- given that they had enemies on every side, they had to.  Interesting take, and while I see the point... well, playing to lose is playing not to win, and that is not exactly the best thing...  The book is not so long but there is plenty of small and dense text, and I have a busy weekend ahead, so... sigh.

To help rebuild a broken community, you must first ask yourself, ‘Am I part of the problem?’ - cleveland.com
I always get a kick out of these articles, as no one ever tells these people that THEY are the ones who are responsible for where we are; namely, demonizing everyone who is opposed to them and insisting upon their total victory... which is fine, but the tactic is not something that makes people willing to compromise.

Gen Z Loves Cassettes. But Wait, How Do These Things Work?  - WSJ
I have a tape player, and some cassettes laying around, so I could give lessons, as if I needed another side hustle...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home