Saturday, September 07, 2024

Bemusement

Ben Shapiro loves trolling liberals. Republicans are putting that to use. - POLITICO
Isn't this awesome?  I mean, liberals should be trolled, early and often, and here is a guy who can do with ease.  Quite frankly, we in the GOP should be doing more of this, for a number of reasons.

I have to admit, I am not really one for football, or emotion, but seeing the NIU coach and his players after they upset Notre Dame today was... pretty cool.  It is a big win for any program -- not that the $1.4 million check they got doesn't help.  Let's face it, 95% of the time, these games are pastings for the host school (tOSU really scheduled the hell out of this one), but for those games that it does not... much like March Madness, it is fun for nearly all involved.

OC duty today, pinch-hitting for another co-manager.  Busy as expected; I predicted 157, we had 152, and everyone gave me credit for being close enough.  Almost all of the produce went, we carefully rationed our limited meat supplies, and in general it was controlled chaos.  One client insisted I had his ID -- and I did not -- and kept insisting...til he found it in his wallet.  I told him I couldn't give him the Mom look, which he appreciated.  Another client complained that I was disrespecting him because I wouldn't give him meat, even though he had been told three times to bring his ID and proof of residence.  Mind you, 90% of our clients (at least!) have done this, so....what is the problem?  Oi.  On the other hand, most people were fairly pleased with everything -- few complaints, picked us clean -- and some people were even happy they got certain items, like hot dogs and produce.  Some people with large families (reportedly) complain we don't give them more, but...we really can't, as then everyone will claim they have large families.  There is something to be said for treating everyone as equally as possible.... 

Local leaders have become pigs at the taxpayer trough, but they weren’t always like that: Letter from the Editor (msn.com)
I got a kick out of this, as Chris Quinn -- shockingly, I can assure you -- left out the most important part...that the problem is voting for Democrats.  As the PD exists mainly to shrill for Democrats, of course they would never do it, but...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home