Wednesday, September 04, 2024

Bemusements

 The GOP Is Better Off With Kamala Harris in the White House - POLITICO
Is this me, or is this one of the dumbest things ever written?  The problem, of course, is that Kamala Harris would be Biden on steroids, and while the lefties of Politico and the press would love that... I am not sure the country would.  I have no doubt that a Trump win would be far better for our country than another four years in the wilderness, and it would be irrevocably bad.  Also, I do not see a scenario where we hold the Senate (or the House) if she wins, which would put a real kick into that theory.

In the meantime, my pharmacy keeps not getting the prescription my MD calls in, which is annoying, to put it mildly.  I went to bed early last night but of course woke up in the middle of the night.  Also:  I felt sleepy, decided to go to bed, and then... could not fall asleep.  Vastly annoying.  I should have asked the MD about it yesterday, but...oh well.

The car goes in tomorrow; it has sounded like a jet engine for a few days, and I hope it is just that I need new tires (which I have been told a couple of times) and not something more severe.  Not that I cannot afford it, but... I would prefer the Behemoth give me a couple more years, so I can pay off some more debts and better complete some home repairs.  I think of how old I am, how I will soon be 50 (sort of), how the summer is over, and I wonder, sometimes, why I do not have better financial plans.  Then I think to myself that I have a 401K (of decent size), own more of my home than the bank, have savings, and a debt-to-equity ratio that is fairly favorable.  I guess I am doing ok, but there are more things I would like to do...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home