Thursday, September 12, 2024

The Last Stand

Two days this week without blogging... not good, but I was just tired and sleepy.  I think my cold symptoms are somewhat gone, and if I cared for myself properly (such as by sleeping), I think I would be in better shape.  Such could be said about the Trump campaign and his debate prep, to be sure.  Even his not having any more debates declaration is something of a defeat, as he is admitting (but not to himself, I am sure) that he cannot compete.  Oi.

On the other hand, there is a good chance my weekend has absolutely nothing on the schedule, which means that -- in theory -- I am free to do stuff like work, catch up on things, play some money games, go through the backlog of bookmarks and movies/documentaries, even read some books.  I think we all know much less will happen than I hope, but...I guess it is good to be aspirational.  Hell, one of the money games I want to pay is making an extra principal-only mortgage payment, if only to get the house paid off faster and in turn free up money for more home improvements, or, God forbid, a truck.  I mean, yes I know there will be a day when I need a new one, but...

I went to the dentist yesterday and had two cavities (small) filled; I think that took a lot out of me, too; not only the drugs but the whole process.  It was quick and painless, but at the end of the day my stress levels get to 100 very quickly the minute I get into the chair.  I try to hide it, but I can feel it, and that is the worst of all.  I did schedule a cleaning/maintenance for November, which I think I need, if only to prevent more drilling and other ills.

When a Trailblazing Suffragist and a Crusading Prosecutor Teamed Up to Expose an Election Conspiracy | Smithsonian (smithsonianmag.com)
Interesting, and I am shocked, shocked that Democrats would be involved in that sort of thing.

The Rise of Vince Lombardi Democrats - by Ruy Teixeira (liberalpatriot.com)
I don't know; if anything, the rise of Donald Trump showed that you really do not need policies (or at least deep ones) to win; just the idea is enough.  Ok, maybe Obama showed that too, but Trump -- aside from the wall and tariffs -- really didn't offer that much; most of the stuff later were GOP ideas that he grafted on to appease the actual Republicans, if you will.  Maybe this is because of Trump -- as he is the Deshaun Watson of this election cycle, sort of -- but it seems that people are increasingly willing to trust a candidate to represent them, no matter how imperfectly.  Interesting but certainly a little odd.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home