Wednesday, September 25, 2024

Reprise

We are going to try this "Go to bed early tonight" thing again, though there is something I have noticed... I get tired about 9, but get a second wind about now (10) and don't really feel like sleeping.  I mean, I am going to try anyways -- off to bed after I post -- but I need to.  I definitely felt less than good today.  I skipped the gym again and laid down after work, taking an hour nap.  I am not sure if it was worth it, but getting some rest is good.  

I used Thumbtack to get a bid for the attic steps repair, and he sent the quote tonight.  It is a bit more than I expected to spend, but I think I will take it, as I can afford it and I want to get it done; heck, it needs to be done with winter coming and all.  Hopefully it will be done sooner rather than later, though...well, I am quite aware of the labor shortage.  But... if it can be done, it should be.  I still need to call the bathroom guy.  I also set up my FSA reimbursement (yay!) and tried to handle some dental claims, which was less than effective.  Oi.  I guess I will call tomorrow during business hours.  Sigh.

The Civil War Still Echoes in the South, Forcing Towns to Take Sides - WSJ
As I often say, we need to put more and better statues to highlight the loyal troops of the south -- white southerners who fought for the Union, and, of course, the freedpeople who joined the USCT.  This will never fly with some of the population, but it would allow you to have your statue-cake and eat it, too.

How Pediatricians Created the Peanut Allergy Epidemic - WSJ
As they say on my side, I thought the science was settled.  More seriously, doesn't the original idea -- absolutely no peanut products -- seem unwise now?  I mean, I would think exposing the kids earlier is better, and it seems to make sense in every other country... 

Voters Love the Policies That Economists Love to Hate - WSJ
Are we really surprised by this?  We as a society always kick the can down the curb, and the political system is designed not to punish those who cause this in the first place (and certainly not their voters), so... nothing is ever really solved.  Alas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home