Thursday, October 10, 2024

Unchanged

I am not exactly feeling better, but not exactly feeling worse; I got enough sleep last night, and will be going to bed once I post here.  I had a decent day of work, cleaned out some emails and bookmarks, and -- because I am crazy -- decided to make a jello for a family fest this weekend.  I shouldn't be going, IMHO, but it is family, and well, they like, so... anyways, I decided just to make five layers today; I can apply the last two (the white and the surface purple) tomorrow.  Just have to freshen up the white and thus give them enough time to cool.  We will see how that works. 

Ohio expands SNAP eligibility and payout rules to ease ‘benefits cliff’ - cleveland.com
Dare I say this is a good idea -- certainly something I have heard about from my SVDP stuff, and it does keep people from working -- but it is half gesture until we get more people into the workforce.  Maybe this will help, but until you start taking benefits from people... 

Funny; not only do I have a busy weekend, but I have multiple requests for meetings and such next week, and the week after.  This is not a bad thing, but I have to schedule things as best as I can, and if I am not exactly feeling better... I will be in this state til Doomsday, and that is less than good, to put it mildly.

I have to admit there is some element of sadness and defeatism in that I turned on the furnace tonight -- even made sure I bought a new furnace filter when I got the jello supplies tonight.  On the other hand, a low of 40 is not fun, especially when I am feeling craptastic.  Winter is coming, and like it or now, this is the new reality.  Sigh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home