Wednesday, October 16, 2024

Train wrecks

After the delays of the weekend, I am posting early tonight, as I can go to bed early.  I note that I am feeling mostly fine -- not the hit by a train of last week -- but I think I can feel much better if I get some rest and live better.  I skipped the gym to finish up some work projects (and my blood sugar was low) -- bad for me -- but I did have a nice healthy dinner of salmon.  All of the Polish Festival food is gone so the diet is much more regular...I weighed in at 185 pounds -- exactly -- yesterday, and that was good enough, honestly, the way things are going.

I did watch the Harris-Baier interview on Fox.  Honestly, the Donald should be booking one on there tomorrow -- and do it for the full hour.  I get what she is trying to do, but it is bit...cloying how she goes on and on and doesn't answer the question.  Not that Trump is much better -- he does ramble -- but he could go on there and present a coherent alternative.  At the very least, he could give direct, 30-second answers -- while pointing out that she doesn't exactly answer anything.  Just saying, the Donald could make some points here, and if we really believe the election is that close (and I am skeptical), it could help.  Hell, just the sound bytes would be impressive!  Another good set of clips would be of her saying that Joe Biden never exhibited any mental decline...with clips of him showing mental decline.  These things do write themselves sometimes!

The Science of Why Your Body Takes Longer to Bounce Back After 40 - WSJ
Well, this is timely... but sadly real.  Yes the alternative is worse, but on the other hand...well, one would think medical science would figure out a way to arrest this or offset this somehow.  Not that we have solved the common cold...

City on Fire - The Atavist Magazine
Interesting -- I almost forgot about this!  They really should have hung more of these conspirators; I can see why they didn't, given the whole spirit of reconciliation, but, as I so often believe, we would have had fewer problems if we had simply lined more of them up against a wall...

Is Emhoff Disrupting the Democrat’s ‘Year of the Woman’? (substack.com)
This reminds of the Sherrod Brown wife-beating story; it was very damaging to the Dems and of course there was the full-court press to save him by burying the story.  Here, of course, we have the Second Gentleman accused -- and not denying -- hitting a woman, and...crickets.  Bret Baier should have asker her about that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home