Monday, January 05, 2015

Blow

Finished up the FJH today and moved on to Tommy:  The British Soldier on the Western Front, which I marked for reading in a WW1-inspired spread.  It is also nearly 600 pages, full of information and small text, so I think it will also be a few days to get through it.  Rah.

Eye MD today, all is well, keep up the good work...it's funny, because I think I need to do more.  I went to Dayton with the college guys to watch the Buckeyes, and their message is still sinking in with me...I need to get a trainer or gym, and I do need to put myself out there a bit as well.  I ate another healthy meal today (I used the toaster oven, much less risk of burning down the house) and did some steps on the stairs...not enough, of course.

Winter is back with a vengeance, which I guess is lovely, aside from the fact that it is cold and miserable and driving will be a concern.  I can't help but think that if we had a little more global warming, there would be a little less winter, and we all might just be a little better off.

Watched a few shorts -- two of which were about jazz -- to get to 230 on the NFR.  It hardly seems like much -- 420 to go, ha! -- but one or two a day is hardly an egregious slog, and you know what...it was pretty interesting, watching music made in the era of segregation...in the one, "Jammin the Blues," it was noted that there was a white musician in the bunch, but he was put in the shade...so you couldn't tell his race.  I'd like to think we are a little better today about these things, current events notwithstanding...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home