Thursday, January 29, 2015

Digging

http://www.slate.com/articles/business/moneybox/2015/01/nyc_affordable_housing_plan_de_blasio_s_efforts_are_ambitious_and_laudable.html

I do get a kick out of these things; I mean, economics says quite a few things about scarcity and its relation to supply and demand.

In the meantime, several coworkers told me that the burning and inability to feel anything but pain in my arms is normal and par for the course after the first workouts, which made me feel better, if still unable to button my shirt.  More happily, I am now at the halfway point of Kennewick Man.  It is actually a series of essays, one after the other, dealing with varying parts of the analysis of his skeleton -- fingers, ribs and trunk, skull, etc., and the deductions made from the relatively close (if brief) examination he had.  It is quite fascinating -- think of it as "Bones" without the sexual harasser or the crime -- and I wonder, given what we now are beginning to learn about the settlement of North America -- that the shitstorm that was undergone at the time will be regarded as gross, abnormal stupidity and short-sightedness, if nothing else.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home