Saturday, January 17, 2015

Excitement

Went to the Cleveland Beerfest yesterday with some friends...it was sort of fun, even if it was a little pricey and I really do not drink all that much beer; I did have some interesting stuff from some of the food trucks, which was nice.  I drove everyone home, which was good, as everyone was completely shitfaced...I guess it has been a while since I was out with drunken types...some good memories, some bad.

Watched two films today on the NFR...first was "The Story of G.I. Joe," which was the stylized (somewhat) life of Ernie Pyle; it starred Burgess Meredith, who was the trainer in "Rocky."  (FWIW, he seemed older in this film.)  I had seen parts before, but I rather liked it.  I then watched "E.T." tonite.  I liked that too, though seeing it as an adult I could see how it was cheesy and maudlin and all.  Still, it was sort of cool, and I could see how it played a role in memory formation..

Finished the Freehan book; I would have liked more nuts and bolts talk, but it was interesting, often humorous...I wonder if there are more feuds in clubhouses today as described in the book; on the one hand, you'd think if there were, we'd hear about them, being the age of disclosure, but then again, if you could have 25 taxicabs two generations ago, you can certainly have 25 guys with ipads and iphones, and theoretically not get along with anyone at all.  I know things aren't like that, but I it seems to be a good way to block out...people, if you get my drift.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home