Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Alas

Sad news to report...the Patriotmobile is going to have be retired.  Engine gasket blown, nothing to be done...so now I am looking for a new truck.  This is NOT the best time financially, of course, especially with the whole gym thing, but nothing to be done...at least I will have a nice body and a decent car if and when I can afford to date.  I am working from home and borrowing Mom's car a couple of times a week to check in at the office...for a while.  I find I work better while watching movies and working, so I stopped at the library today and picked up some flicks -- "Gilda" and "The Night of the Hunter."  I liked them both; the first had Glenn Ford and Rita Hayworth as ex-lovers brought together by chance; the second had Robert Mitchum as a faux-preacher trying to steal $10 K from a widow and her kids.  Last nite on TCM was "The Killers," a film noir tale I really enjoyed. 

So, at the very least....I am able to do some damage to the NFR list.  And the pocketbook and savings...

In other news, I did some cleaning today; I need to do more of it, as I do tend to leave crap lying around, which helps no one.  I mean, even if it is taking papers to the recycle bin...it is something.  I also noted that the freezer is full, and I may as well start some economy by going through it, not, of course, that I eat out that much anyways.  But, from the concept of inventory updating...it is time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home