Tuesday, February 03, 2015

Sore

Session two with trainer today...a new one, younger, smaller than I am, in better shape (of course).  Worked on lower body today; also suggested a daily cardio regimen, mainly because I need to get in shape to prepare for the heavier lifting.  Fine with me...I do feel much less sore up top, but worse on the bottom.  But I will survive.  In the meantime, car goes in tomorrow, hope it comes out tomorrow, as well.

Making some progress through Hard Marching Every Day.  The author was in the VI Corps, and thus had an only brief glimpse of the Gettysburg campaign; indeed, most of the stuff has been about marching, camp life, and provisions, which is still very interesting nonetheless.  The Vermont brigade was heavily engaged in the Wilderness/Spotsylvania/Petersburg campaign, so there will be more tidbits.  I do like reading this sort of thing; I should look into more of the memoirs and battle notes of the participants.

I've been following with interest the Silk Road trial...not sure if I want him to get off or not.  I guess there is something in me that says that if you can figure out a way to trade in illegal commodities...all the power to you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home