Thursday, February 26, 2015

Awake

I have to admit...watching Okafor shoot FTs is painful, and it is costing them games...or at least last night, almost costing them games.  Hard to believe conference tourneys and such are starting soon, mainly because of winter...all that global warming, of course. 

The DHS shutdown thing amuses me; for one thing, the GOP should be off reminding everyone of all the things the DHS doesn't do, or does poorly, like parading your junk around the planet.  More importantly, though, the problem with a budget deal in the lame duck session is that they pissed away any leverage they had...not that they had much, anyways.  I am not quite sure that a shutdown is a bad thing; let's face it, the GOP didn't exactly lose seats in 2014.

I read Marc Eliot's American Titan, which is a bio of John Wayne...interesting, he sort of concentrated on the film side of career, though there were plenty of trips through his, um, eventful, personal life.  He threw him much shade about dodging WWII service (which I think was justified) and about his anti-Communist efforts...which I think was a little off, given what we know now...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home